From: Division of Information Systems of The National Science Foundation
Effective June 26, 2023, the National Science Foundation (NSF) transitioned the Principal Investigator (PI)/Project Director (PD) or co-PI/co-PD Transfer from one organization to another request functionality ("PI Transfer") from FastLane to Research.gov and decommissioned this request in FastLane. Here's what you need to know:
- All PI Transfer requests will now be prepared and submitted in Research.gov.
- In-progress PI Transfer requests in FastLane as of June 23, 2023, were moved to Research.gov.
- All notifications and requests previously submitted in FastLane are accessible in Research.gov.
- Award recipients can access the notifications and requests module in Research.gov via the Notifications & Requests link under Awards & Reporting on the Research.gov homepage (formerly known as the Research.gov "My Desktop" page) after signing into Research.gov.
- Please see the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) Chapter VII, Research.gov About Notifications and Requests page, and FastLane System Decommissioning page for additional information.
Critical System Deadlines
- Friday, September 29, 2023 (5:00 PM submitter’s local time) is the last day to submit proposal file updates and budget revisions in FastLane, withdraw FastLane submitted proposals, and withdraw supplemental funding requests submitted in FastLane. Please see the FastLane System Decommissioning page for additional information.
- Friday, September 29, 2023 (11:00 PM Eastern Time) is the last day to access FastLane submitted and in-progress letters of intent, proposals, and supplemental funding requests.
- FastLane submitted and in-progress letters of intent, proposals, and supplemental funding requests will not be transferred to Research.gov; however, the reviews and summaries for proposals submitted in FastLane will remain available in Research.gov.
- Refer to the Instructions to Access and Download/Print FastLane Letters of Intent, Proposals and Supplemental Funding Requests.
- Friday, September 29, 2023 (11:00 PM Eastern Time) is the last day to access the FastLane Proposals, Awards and Status tab; Research Administration tab; and Honorary Awards tab on the FastLane homepage. These tabs will be removed from the FastLane homepage as of September 30, 2023, and the functionality will be decommissioned in FastLane.
Research.gov and Grants.gov Deadlines
- Friday, October 20, 2023 (5:00 PM submitter’s local time) is the last day to upload the NSF fillable PDF format for the biographical sketch and current and pending (other) support.
- Proposers currently may prepare the biographical sketch and current and pending (other) support using either SciENcv or the NSF fillable PDFs.
- The mandate to use SciENcv only for preparation of the biographical sketch and current and pending (other) support will go into effect for new proposals submitted or due on or after October 23, 2023.
- Please see PAPPG Chapters II.D.2.h.(i). and II.D.2.h.(ii). as well as the NSF biographical sketch and current and pending (other) support websites for more information.
Questions? If you have IT system-related questions, please contact the NSF Help Desk at 1-800-381-1532 (7:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET; Monday - Friday except federal holidays) or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Policy-related questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Regards, Division of Information Systems
National Science Foundation